The documentary Le Cadratin (The Em Space) directed by Arthur Choupin and produced by ARI Pictures is about an association comprising all the trades related to the hand-crafted and traditional creation of books: typographers, lithographers, engravers, bookbinders, printers…
Dante’s Inferno, the Iliad, the Odyssey, and The Golden Legend figure among the wonderful pieces of work made by these craftsmen.
We would like the general public to discover these passionate craftsmen who have been working with discretion and humility on the creation of masterpieces for forty years. The association Le Cadratin (The Em Space) encounters a major difficulty today: time. They need to transmit their knowledge to make this heritage last. We hope this movie will immortalize their work and show their priceless talent.
- Production ARI Pictures: aripictures.com/
- Writer and director: Arthur Choupin
- Producer: Sébastien Baudier
- With: Guy Lebreton, Adam Zydzik, Maurice Czarnecki, Lucien Gondret, Philippe Mauriras.
- Camera operators: Nick Arcivos & Ryan Earl (amnesiart.com/fr/)
- Editor: Charles Balbont
- Composer: PHAR (phar.world)
- Translator: Alexia Vaz
- Collaborator: Loca Images (loca-images.com)